Dear Mead Community,
It has been a busy few weeks here at Mead. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our student-led conferences next week. Please read the below information carefully.
- Our focus area this week was appropriate classroom participation as well as active listening skills. Our first trimester goal is going to be to reduce tardies, so feel free to also emphasize the importance of this at home.
- All of our classrooms have PBIS classroom menus for students to redeem their Mead tickets for non-food and food items. See the list below of all the food items that are available throughout the school year in our classrooms. If your child has a food allergy and you do not want them to purchase any of these items, please email me or the main office and we will notify the necessary classroom teachers.
PBIS Menu Options (2)
- We delivered our smencils to the students today. Students are nominated each week for going above and beyond our behavior expectations by their teachers. It was great to see their faces as they received the recognition in their classrooms.
- School Spirit: To demonstrate a little school spirit, we are asking students to wear College Gear on Monday, October 5th.
Emergency Closing Information:
- Due to a change in the Federal Communications Commission regulations, District 54 needs to receive permission to call your phones when school will be closed. You will not receive a phone call when we are closed due to weather.
- School District 54 uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to communicate with our families and staff in a variety of ways. Specially, we use SchoolMessenger to call and email staff for weather-related closings.
- If you would like to sign up for this service, please follow the directions on in this letter: InfoCenter and Texting Letter to Parents 9-15
Daily Arrival Time
Now that the weather will be changing, please be mindful of the time you drop off your children in the morning because school doors do not open until 7:00am for morning help.
- Picture Retakes– Tuesday, October 13, in the cafeteria in AM.
- Absent students need to pick up an order form in the office.
- For retakes, You must return the entire first package when you go for the retake.
- No matter what, the 1st picture taken will be used in yearbook.
- If you have a retake, you don’t get to pick the sitting you like better
Student Led Conferences
- Conferences will be held on October 8th and 9th.
- The student-led conference is a great opportunity to evaluate how your child is progressing academically this time of the year.
- If you have any questions, please call our office at 847-357-6000.
- Please this letter for times and additional information:Conference Parent Letter_October
- Note that the building will be closed from 10:45am to 12:15pm and 4:15pm to 5:15pm.
Social media can be a wonderful way to communicate. Please be sure to monitor your child’s social media activity (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) to ensure that the posts of others and their posts are respectful and appropriate. Being involved in their interactions with their peers is increasingly important for our students!
We will continue to participate in a variety of different emergency drills throughout the year including Shelter in Place Drills (Tornado drill), Fire drills, and Lockdown drills. These drills are designed to familiarize students with what they should do in the event of an emergency. These drills will be held during the school day and will usually be unannounced.
Safety Drill Parent Letter_15-16
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jillian Sagan and Kim Phelan