Dear Mead Community,
These weeks are flying by and next week we are already in May! Please make sure to read the updates below carefully.
Mead’s Mixer with Important Female Role Models:
In an effort to encourage and promote the importance of mothers/female role models and the impact they have on our students’ lives, the Mead PTA will be hosting its annual Mead’s Mixer on Friday, May 13, at 7:00 – 7:45 AM in the cafeteria. Our students’ female role models will be able to spend some quality time with their student while enjoying a light breakfast. They will then have an opportunity to experience their child’s morning routine here at Mead.
Mead Mixer Female Role Models 2016
End of the Year:
- Today, 7th graders received Round Up letters if they had 3 or more missing assignments and 8th graders received Round Up letters if they had 2 or more missing assignments.
- Please read the Board Policy below regarding student assignments and participation in graduation. “In order for eighth (8th) grade students to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, all academic assignments must be completed by the student and received by the teacher by May 27th. Advance notice of this guideline shall be provided to all eighth (8th) grade students and their parents/guardians.”
- We also take missing assignments and student behavior into account for student participation in the 8th grade dance on May 20th.
8th Grade Panoramic Picture:
On Monday, May 2nd, we will be taking our annual 8th grade panoramic photo in the AM. Order forms were sent home on Wednesday, April 27. Please make sure your student has the completed form ready to turn in on Monday. We do not collect late orders at the school.
We are excited to announce that our Annual Career Fair at Mead Junior High will be held on May 27, 2016. We are currently looking for a wide variety of people willing to come to Mead and share about their career with the 8th grade student body. As we only need one presenter for each type of career, please let us know if you are interested right away to ensure a spot in our program. Thank you so much for your willingness to inspire the 8th grade students. Please contact Kim Porzel at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in presenting to our 8th grade class.
Career Fair Invite ’16
Registration for the 2016-2017 School Year:
In order to ensure we can create a schedule for your child next year, please complete the registration process as soon as possible. Please review, make corrections and sign the paper copy of the 2918 form that was sent to you via the US Mail, and return it to our school office. If you register your child online, you do not need to return any signed document to the office. If you have misplaced the form, please contact the office. Without that signed paperwork your child will not be eligible to use the internet while in school. Also, we are unable to create a schedule for them for the 16-17 school year with classes and elective choices.
Join D54 Foundation at Schaumburg Boomers game – May 20:
Please join the District 54 Foundation for the Opening Night game at the Schaumburg Boomers at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 20, 2016. For each ticket sold, $5 will be donated to the Foundation to support students in School District 54. Some of the Foundation’s current initiatives include
- Grants for students to participate in extracurricular activities,
- Breakfast programs for children from low-income households, and
- Educational enrichment opportunities through STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) after-school programs.
Tickets cost $11 and include free parking and post-game fireworks. In addition, children in attendance are invited to run the bases at the ballpark. To order tickets visit www.boomersbaseball.com/dist54 and enter promo code 2016d54; or click here to print out the District 54 Boomers Form and mail it to the Boomers with your payment.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jillian Sagan and Kim Phelan