Student Pick Up/Drop off
The following are procedures which have been established because student safety is our primary concern. We understand that some procedures may inconvenience you, but as stated above, safety is our primary concern.
• There is no adult supervision prior to the 7:30 a.m. bell. Therefore, students should arrive at school no earlier than 7:25 a.m. (unless coming early with an authorized morning pass provided by a teacher).
• Students being dropped off by car on Biesterfield or walking to school will assemble by the main entrance, door 1, until the 7:30 a.m. bell. Please be careful where you park and drop off your children. Parking too close to a crosswalk can restrict pedestrian visibility and result in a ticket. All students should exit cars from the passenger side of the car only. All students should cross the street only at the crosswalk.
• On dangerously cold winter days, students who arrive before the 7:30 a.m. bell will be let into the school immediately upon arrival before the 7:30 a.m. bell. In case of extreme snow, students will need to be dropped off at the crosswalk in order to safely enter the building. Cars cannot block the driveway to let students off.
• Students taking a bus will be kept on their bus until the 7:30 a.m. bell after which they are to come directly into the school either through main entrance door 1.
• State law requires bus drivers to use their stop signs when children are entering and leaving the bus. Driving through the stop sign can result in a ticket. This also holds true when students are exiting buses in the Mead parking lot. No cars should be moving when the buses are loading and unloading students in the Mead parking lot.
• For safety reasons when busses are present, the Mead parking lot is CLOSED for car drop off during arrival 7:15-7:35 and for car pick up during dismissal 2:00-2:20 p.m.
Student safety is our top concern. By following all posted signs and driving regulations we can keep our children safe and help you avoid unnecessary tickets. The police do patrol our area and they do issue tickets. The entire Mead staff appreciates your patience and cooperation as we strive to provide a safe environment for our students.